“The greatest deterrent
to freedom are men and women of zeal, well-meaning, but
without knowledge or understanding.”
~Justice Louis Brandeis~

"People are so quick to defend their own agendas, but they so often fail to realize we must protect the rights of all if we are to continue to have any rights of our own."
~Jenqu~


Ranch meaning, in general, any real world dwelling probably not involving full care board. Kind of a rural voice of real horse owners, trainers, traders, auction owners, rodeo contractors, etc.. all of us who have taken a verbal beating and called greedy ass hats. Back at the Ranch contributors, moderators, subjects, and so on, are pro-horse, pro-owner, and pro-slaughter.
Back at the Ranch was formed by a group of like minded horse / livestock owners. It is a place for us to try to educate, a place to vent our frustrations with the current equine industry, a place to share humor and snark, and in general try to open the eyes of the public who seem to be anti-agriculture.We do have a section for comments of course, and if you would like to email us you can do so directly or through the contact us form. We like to hear from our readers. I hope you enjoy reading our blog as much as I enjoy managing it.
Sincerely,
Ranch Manager
manager_back_at_the_ranch@yahoo.com

Saturday, July 18, 2009


OK Folks not much to say for the Saturday satire. Just got out of the hay field. My father in law was there, of course he has a need to boss us around like we're 14 instead of 40! As I stacked wagons, because he took my tractor driving gig, I had many fantasies. Some as mild as wishing the heat would get to him and send him home, all the way to having visions of him falling from the tractor and being run over! I usually don't mind working in the hay field but this senile old man is making me crazy lol. Anyway..... Sometimes when I'm reading on the various horse forums and different anti slaughter propaganda there are things said that I must comment on but of course never do. I started copying these things and typing my comment. It's kind of therapeutic and fun and I just saved it and added to it when something struck me. I don't have many saved, I wish I had thought of this a while ago I could have had a book full! So lucky you all.... Since being in the hay field all day and attacked by wasps this is all I could think of for today's post. Anyone else have any "quotes and comments" they would like to share? Please help me feel less neurotic and tell me you do!
"Quotes and Comments"


>>AND I am thrilled that he is not lame-YEA, YEA, YEA. He was just worked too hard. Hopefully with time he will be able to walk better.
OK he can’t walk but he’s NOT lame? So on a scale of 1 to 10 how stupid are you where horses are concerned? I’m thinking at least 8.
>>The saddest part is how many great horses go through and there simply are not enough buyers.>>
This was a comment about the equine occupants at a fairly low end weekly sale.
Apparently “great” is like beauty..... it’s in the eye of the beholder. Something tells me these beholders wouldn’t know the difference between a great horse and a three legged one eyed nasty tempered jack ass... They are both equid and therefore created equal right?
rrrriiiiiiiiighghhght ......
"A Horse that is slaughtered has NO chance of being rescued, a Horse in a field does.">>
Maybe, maybe not.... How long will the horse in the field suffer and eventually die waiting to be “rescued”. You need to get off the damn computer and get out in the real world and look around not all these horses are lucky enough to be in a FIELD. At the very least start rescuing those horses who are suffering that you claim have a better chance.
>>make herself look like the stupid lying fool that she is......i wonder if it hurts to be that stupid?>>
Apparently not. Since you have to ask it leads me to believe your not in any pain yourself, right?
OK I promise to have better things for you to read this week! We have some good conformation posts coming up and a fun opinion piece from ranch hand2 on Monday. And maybe my swollen hand will start working again soon so it won't take an hour to type a couple paragraphs.
Hope everyone had a great Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment